Tips For A Positive New Year1. Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe
that success is impossible or you can trust that with faith and an optimistic attitude,
all things are possible.
2. Take a morning walk of gratitude. I call it a “Thank You Walk.”
It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
3. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and
dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
4. Zoom Focus. Each day when you wake up in the morning ask:
“What are the three most important things I need to do today that will
help me create the success I desire?” Then tune out all the distractions
and focus on these actions.
5. Instead of being disappointed about where you are, think
optimistically about where you are going.
6. Remember that adversity is not a dead-end but a detour to a better outcome.
7. Don’t chase success. Instead decide to make a difference and success will find you.
8. Get more sleep. You can’t replace sleep with a double latte.
9. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires,
issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
10. Mentor someone and be mentored by someone.
11. Live with the 3 E’s. Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
12. Remember there’s no substitute for hard work.
13. Believe that everything happens for a reason and expect good things to
come out of challenging experiences.
14. Implement the 'No Complaining Rule'. Remember that complaining is like vomiting.
Afterwards you feel better but everyone around you feels sick.
15. Read more books than you did in 2013.
16. Don’t seek happiness. Instead decide to live with passion and purpose
and happiness will find you.
17. Focus on “Get to” vs “Have to.” Each day focus on what you get to do,
not what you have to do. Life is a gift not an obligation.
18. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished____________.
19. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
20. Enjoy the ride.
You only have one ride through life
so make the most and enjoy it.